Sure, you already know that air conditioning is what helps keep your home crisp and comfortable in the middle of the heat. But we’re guessing there are few things you weren’t aware of. So we’ve put together some cool facts about your ac unit we think you’ll find interesting!
- Here’s a fun history lesson. Before air conditioning and refrigeration were invented, folks used ice to stay cool. Once cooling machines were introduced in the early 1800s, they were rated by the heat power it took to melt a ton of ice in a given day. This is where the term “ton of refrigeration” comes from. Today, one ton is equal to 12,000 BTU/h.
- The invention of the air conditioner is still shaping the future growth of global metros. Some major cities with hot climates probably wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for air conditioning!
- Do you know how air conditioning works? It’s actually not too different from how your refrigerator operates.
- Air conditioners can boost employee productivity by creating a healthy indoor environment.
- Do you have a programmable or WiFi thermostat? Learn how these devices can help you save on energy costs.
- If you want to get the most out of your HVAC system and breathe healthy air, it’s important to regularly clean or change the air filter each month.
- Contrary to popular belief, closing vent registers in your home won’t re-direct the air conditioning to other vents. Instead, it will actually cause stress to your HVAC system, which could lead to maintenance problems and a need for air conditioning service.
- Your AC unit can help prevent heat-related illnesses and death, which can be a concern for the elderly, the chronically ill, and children.
- Keeping your air conditioning system regularly maintained will save you money. Service calls are most often related to lack of maintenance.
- AC unit temperature settings can be gender-biased but zone air conditioning can help with that.
Serving All Your Heating and Air Conditioning Needs
With top-rated customer service and 24/7 emergency maintenance, Point Bay is the most reliable heating and air conditioning company around. Oh, and if you head to the movies to beat the heat this weekend, you’re not the first! Bonus fact: major advances in ac unit technology began in 1917, when theater owners wanted to fill seats during sweltering summers. They were among the first businesses to install air conditioning. Most people didn’t have home air conditioning, so they flocked to the movies!
Our customers have trusted us year after year to keep their families warm in the winter and cool in the summer; but don’t take our word for it; just ask our customers. Give us a call at (732) 349-5059 with any questions and to learn more.