NJ Energy Conservation Tips
Point Bay cares about saving you money and energy. Our technicians are trained to help make sure that your heating and cooling systems are running at peak efficiency.
Need help in identifying money wasting energy deficiencies? Call today to schedule a home energy assessment.
The less energy you use, the more money you save.
View below for our NJ Energy Conservation Tips, including a number of ways that you can conserve energy all year long:
In the Winter:
- Turn your thermostat down! For every degree that you turn your thermostat down, you could be saving 3% on your heating bill.
- Change your air filter once a month during the winter.
- Winterize your windows, doors, and any other openings in your home that could allow cold air inside.
- Open your blinds and curtains during the day to let natural sunlight heat your house, at night make sure to close the blinds and curtains.
- Add insulation to your home. Insulate your pipes.
- Make sure your vents or baseboards are clean and free of any debris, furniture or curtains. Blocked vents and baseboards can cause heat loss.
- Turn off kitchen, bathroom, or exhaust fans as soon as possible, warm air can be drained by these vents.
In the Summer:
- Make sure your attic is well insulated.
- Turn your thermostat up!
- Make sure your duct system is sealed.
- Keep your curtains and blinds closed during the day to try to keep out as much sunlight as possible.
- Avoid setting your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you first turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster.
- Use ceiling fans when possible and turn off the air conditioner.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- If you use a programmable thermostat, the difference between your high temp and your low temp should be no more than ten degrees, whether you are heating or cooling.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees F.
- Install ENERGY STAR appliances. These appliances are held to very strict standards, and provide your household with the best possible energy conservation.
- Keep doors shut in unused rooms.
- Have your heating and cooling systems maintained annually to ensure peak efficiency.
Need Fast Service, Now?
Call us now for emergency fuel delivery or HVAC service.