NJ Natural Gas
Do you heat your home with natural gas? Point Bay Fuel services, maintains and repairs natural gas HVAC systems. Place your trust in the area's bets fuel and energy company, Point Bay Fuel.
Get fast service, call us today:
Point Bay does NOT supply natural gas; however, we DO service and install gas fired heating equipment.
Natural gas is an odorless, colorless, and shapeless gas in its natural form. There is an odor that is added to natural gas that is a built in safety signal. That smell is a chemical, called Mercaptan, which is added to NJ natural gas to make it easier to detect leaks.
Unlike natural gas, heating oil does not pose the same dangers and threats to your family. If a lit match was dropped into a container of heating oil the flame would extinguish once it hit the heating oil.
On the other hand, if natural gas was exposed to a lit match, there would be an explosion and a fire. While no one has ever died from a leaking oil tank, many people have died from NJ natural gas explosions. The choice is yours, research your options, and choose wisely.
IF YOU SMELL GAS – Call your natural gas provider IMMEDIATELY!
- No Flames or Sparks. Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, cell phones or telephones. Flames or sparks can trigger an explosion or fire.
- Leave the Area Immediately. Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas leaking.
- Report the Leak. From a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call your natural gas supplier right away. If you can't reach your natural gas supplier right away, call 911 or your local fire department.
- Do Not Return to the Building or Area until your natural gas supplier determines that it is safe to do so.
- Get Your System Checked. Before you attempt to use any of your natural gas appliances, your natural gas supplier or a qualified service technician must check your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free.
- Ventilate the area. Open all doors and windows.
Natural Gas Safety Tips
Need Fast Service, Now?
Call us now for emergency fuel delivery or HVAC service.