With the heat of summer bearing down on your house, the last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down. Sadly, it can be a reality from time to time leaving you no choice but to quickly find an HVAC company to fix it.
So, how do you know the difference between a good and bad air conditioner repair company? Not all HVAC companies are created equal, and it’s important to ask the proper questions before you hire.
Choosing the Best AC Company: 3 Important Questions To Ask
- Do they have any local references? Your air conditioner and furnace are large investments and are essential components to maintaining a comfortable and healthy home. One of the most important things to do when choosing the best HVAC company is to talk to other local residents about the companies you’re interested in working with. Other residents have been in your position before where they needed to have repairs done, so their feedback and referrals are invaluable. Often times an unbiased and truthful opinion from a stranger can be a useful deciding point when it comes to choosing the best AC company to work with.
- Can they provide a detailed and written estimate? Verbally discussing the costs of air conditioning repairs over the phone is easy enough for an AC company because they understand the terminology and what’s involved. For a person with little or no knowledge of AC units or repairing them, the details matter in order to get a better understanding of the costs and time involved. A comprehensive outline of the labor, parts, and any other variables involved is not only a safeguard so you know what to expect, but it holds the contractor accountable for properly completing the necessary repairs. There is always the chance of an unexpected situation or element once repairs begin, so it’s important to have quotes and estimates adjusted accordingly.
- Is the company insured, bonded, and properly licensed? Choosing the best AC company is heavily dependent on their quality of work in the past as well as their costs, but it’s also important to ensure that companies are following the proper regulatory rules. A legitimate company, like Point Bay Energy Heating and Cooling, will have these three boxes checked off, which is a sure sign that you’re working with a professional and accredited business. Additionally, if requested they should be able to present proof of each of requirement:
• Being licensed ensures that a company is permitted to work in a certain municipality, state, or area.
• Being bonded means that they have financial backing from some sort of financial institution in case a claim is brought against them.
• Being insured means that you will not be held accountable for an injury that occurs while work is being performed on your property.
Stay Comfortable All Year Long
While there are a lot of questions to ask when choosing your HVAC company, the three above are a good place to start and are essential to ensuring you get the quality repairs you need to stay comfortable all year long. To ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of an air conditioning system it’s essential to properly maintain and service its various components through regular tune-ups. A professional and experienced heating and cooling company like Point Bay Energy can easily maintain and schedule annual appointments to keep your system running its best.