WiFi thermostats can help to make your NJ home smarter and much more energy efficient. Additionally, your home oil-fired heating system could even produce even better results if used with a WiFi thermostat. Thankfully, Wifi thermostats, the leading edge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) technology, are now offered by many different manufacturers. Find out all the great reasons using wifi thermostats for oil heat can help you and your family stay comfortably warm and save money, too!
Your HVAC system provides heated (and cooled) air for your home, but many factors should be taken into consideration including the outside temperature, how many people are home, the size and shape of your home, humidity levels, and more.
Regular thermostats allow you to manually change the temperature, programmable thermostats allow you to set the temperature and have the thermostat change it based on the time of day or even set it on a vacation mode for periods of time when you are away from the home. Smart thermostats, on the other hand, learn from your behaviors and allow the user to control the home’s temperature remotely.
Benefits of a Smart WiFi Thermostat
From real-time energy consumption reports to adjusting settings based on conditions such as humidity, WiFi thermostats for oil heat is a smart choice.
- Save energy and get rewarded for smart energy-saving choices.
- Analyze energy usage in real-time and with an easy to read monthly report.
- Access controls from your phone anywhere you have a wireless connection with a free mobile app.
- Easy programming with modern screen designs and convenient automatic software updates.
- Manage multiple thermostats at various locations (such as your business and vacation home), which can help with energy management directly affecting your electricity bill.
- Receive alerts for high/low temperature via email, phone or the web app.
- View local weather from the app and even directly from the thermostat.
- Additional filter change reminders can be sent to you based on actual run time of your equipment.
- Adjust fan controls remotely.
- Forget to set your vacation settings, access away features anytime, anywhere.
Smart Thermostat Options
You may be familiar with a few of the companies that came out with the first smart thermostats, including Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell. Though they may present a hefty price tag initially, they will pay off in the long run. The EPA’s Energy Star program concluded that homes with programmable or smart thermostats can save up to $180 per year on heating and cooling, that’s a nice amount of savings!
Get Smart with WiFi Thermostats for Oil Heat
Worried about how much your heat ran last month? Help reduce energy usage and costs by upgrading to a WiFi thermostat. Your oil heat unit will work more efficiently than ever before, keeping your home warm without any energy waste. To learn more, contact Point Bay today.