A long lifespan and hassle-free performance. When it comes to heating and air conditioning systems, new homeowners are looking for a reliable unit that will provide top performance for years to come.
According to a survey conducted by Emerson Climate Technologies, residents not only want energy efficiency and home comfort, but also a long lifespan and years of worry-free performance. It’s understandable that reliability is a top attribute; new homeowners want to buy a home and have peace of mind that comes along with it. Knowing they’ve purchased a home with a good system, one that has been installed professionally, and maintained regularly can be one of the key factors that influences their purchasing decisions.
Top 18 Qualities New Homeowners Want in Their Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
According to the survey of approximately 1,500 homeowners in the U.S., here are 18 top factors on Heating and Air Conditioning systems that the respondents desired in order of importance:
- HVAC system reliability for the long-term
- Low monthly operating costs that deliver the best efficiency for the dollar
- The unit always produces desired air temperature
- Overall purchase price
- HVAC produces even temperature throughout the home without those notorious hot or cold spots
- HVAC is reliable and requires little routine maintenance
- The HVAC equipment is adequately covered by a warranty
- The HVAC system can be easily (and quickly) repaired if it breaks down
- A trusted contractor installs it
- The heating and cooling systems both operate quietly
- It comes with the best technologies available today
- It keeps the air clean throughout the home
- The system maintains a desired humidity level in any season
- It creates a steady air flow without strong drafts of cold/hot air when it’s kicked on
- It’s eco-friendly and minimizes impact to the global environment
- The system sends an automatic notification when it needs servicing or repair
- It removes unpleasant odors from the air
- The HVAC unit connects via a smart thermostat so residents can remotely monitor and control the home’s climate via the internet
Key Takeaways of the Heating and Air Conditioning Systems Survey
Whether you have your home up for sale, are currently looking to purchase a new HVAC unit or are in the market to buy a new home, take your time to do some research about your heating and air conditioning systems. And then find a local contractor, like our professionals at Point Bay Fuel, who you know and trust to help you through the process.
Our professional and courteous staff are here for you whenever you need us; just a phone call away! Call us today at (732) 349-5059.