Ready or not, the New Jersey summer humidity and heat are rapidly approaching. Which means there’s no better time than NOW to make sure your home air conditioner is fully functioning.
Why now, you ask?
As we head into the heat of the summer, many of us will have to service or repair our HVAC systems – or even replace them. Now’s the best time to start looking around for replacement options. Time to find a trusted, professional contractor to recommend reliable products for consideration.
Because if it happens to you, you don’t want to get caught off guard. It’s time to prepare and know that you’re ready for anything.
Is it Time to Replace My Home Air Conditioner?
Not sure if it’s “Time to Replace Home Air Conditioner?” Here’s what you need to know:
- Assess your current AC unit- Schedule your annual maintenance appointment so our professional technicians can provide an assessment of your current system and calculate operating costs.
- Inspect the entire HVAC system- Find out if your ducts are leaking cooled air before it gets into your living area. Assess what seals and insulation replacements you’ll need to maximize your efficiency.
- Calculate the load- Based on the size of your home, calculate the load required to cool your space efficiently. Bigger is not always better.
- Determine the age of your unit- Home air conditioner systems last about 16 years (depending on run-time). If yours is nearing that age, it may be time to start doing your research and get several estimates to compare value and quality.
Advice to New Buyers of Home Air Conditioner Units
If your AC unit happens to fail in the middle of a scorching hot day, it’s important to do your research first, before investing in a new one. Learn how SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating should be one of the key influencing factors in your research decisions.
What does SEER Have to Do with My Home Air Conditioner?
Not sure what SEER has to do with your home air conditioner? You’re not alone – only 14% of homeowners know the SEER rating of their system. That’s why where’re here to help.
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio tells you how much cooling a system puts out for each unit of energy it consumes over a typical cooling season. Think of it like your car’s MPG – the better the MPG, the less you’ll have to spend on the fuel. As a minimum across the country, the DOE allows a SEER rating of 13 here in the North and 14 in the South and Southwest.
- The higher the SEER- the higher the efficiency.
- The higher the EFFICIENCY- the greater the savings.
- The greater the SAVINGS- the happier you are.
Maintain, Repair or Replace your Home Air Conditioner with Point Bay
Need to schedule an annual maintenance appointment? Call for emergency repairs or a get a brand-new AC installed, contact Point Bay Fuel. We’re your local, family-owned company ready to provide exceptional and quality service when you need us most.
Call us today at (732) 349-5059.