There are ways to help the environment and save time and money all year round. Our expert technicians are trained in the most up-to-date, energy efficient ways to help your systems run with complete efficiency. We at Point Bay would like to share some of our “saving energy” tips with you here in this blog and help keep your pockets as full as possible.
In the summer, there are more ways than just about having your HVAC unit up and running efficiently to save cash and energy:
- Placing a fan or vent in your attic can go a long way to stopping moisture build up and also help keep the rest of the house cool. Make sure your attic is well insulated, as well.
- Check that your duct system is sealed so as not to lose cool air.
- Close your curtains and blinds keep out the sunlight and to keep the inside of your house cool during the day.
- Avoid turning your thermostat way up when you first turn your AC unit on, it will not make your house cooler any quicker.
- Use fans when possible.
Residential energy costs are rising in the US, according to the US Energy Information Administration. During the winter season, there are tricks you can use to help combat this trend and save yourself money:
- Turn your thermostat down. For every degree lower, you take money off of your bill.
- Change your filter once a month during the winter.
- Make sure all the openings in your house around windows and door frames especially are sealed not to let in any cold air.
- Natural sunlight can help keep your house warm, so when possible open blinds and curtain in your house to let in the sun.
- Clear all debris from vents.
- Turn off kitchen and bathroom vents as often as possible. These vents allow heat to escape.
In addition to specific seasonal tips for saving you money on your energy bill, some changes will help you all year:
- You can install a programmable thermostat. If you use a programmable thermostat, the difference between your high and cool temperatures should be no more than ten degrees.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees.
- Keep doors shut in unused rooms.
- Have you heating and cooling systems maintained annually by a professional service provider.
As technology continues to save consumers money on their energy bills and continues to benefit the environment. Energy Star products save money and protect the environment. These appliances are guaranteed to meet strict efficiency standards. The higher the efficiency, the more money the customer saves. Currently, there are several categories of Energy Star products on the market:
- Heat pumps
- Air conditioners
These items cost more up front, but in the end will save you far more money. Our professionals at Point Bay jump on every opportunity we can to assist our customers invest in products that save money and help the environment. To learn more about these initiatives gives us a call at 732-349-5059 for a free estimate or fill out a contact form on our website.