Now that summer is over and autumn has arrived, it is going to start to get cool outside. If you haven’t had your heater inspected and tuned up yet, now is the best time to do so. It is necessary to have your heater maintained every year.
If you schedule your tune-up now…
you will be able to beat the rush of people scheduling inspections. Also, you can have it done at a time that is convenient for you. Since you are scheduling it before the busy season, the HVAC tech won’t be pressed for time and they will be able to take their time while doing the job. This is good for the health of your heater. In this article, we will discuss why now it the time to schedule an appointment and what the benefits are of maintaining your furnace.
Why Should You Get Your Heater Inspected Early?
It is a good idea to have your heater tuned up as early in the season as possible. There are several reasons that this should be done before winter.
- Avoid Potential Problems: In order for your family to be comfortable in the winter, your heater needs to be working properly. When the heater is being worked on, the heat will need to be turned off. If there is a problem, a repair can take days. This means that you won’t have any heat in the home during this time. If you have your heater checked before it gets cold outside, the issue can be handled when you don’t need heat.
- High Availability: Although HVAC professionals do their best to be available at convenient times during the winter, it isn’t a guarantee. In some cases, you might need to wait days and even weeks before you can get someone to come out to your home. Without a tune-up, your heater won’t work as efficiently as it should, and it can make it cold in the home and it can cost you a good deal of money.
- Peace of Mind: When you have your heater tuned up early, you will have peace of mind that you will have heat when the weather gets cold. When you aren’t worrying about your heater breaking down, you can focus on more important things.
What Does A Heater Tune-up Include?
What an HVAC professional will do during a tune-up depends on the brand of your heater, how efficiently it runs, and how old it is. A professional HVAC service will provide a variety of services. The typical services on the checklist include:
- An inspection of the thermostat to make sure that it is working properly and that it can turn on your heater when the weather gets cold.
- Lubrication of all the moving parts so that they work together the way that they should.
- A thorough check of the tubes for gas leaks and air leaks.
- Checking that there are no wires that are out of place and tightening any loose wires.
- Inspect the refrigerant fluid levels and changing the cylinder if it is necessary.
- Cleaning or replacing a dirty air filter.
- Removing any debris from the condenser coils and making sure that they can circulate the air properly.
Maintenance Is Better Than A Cure
There are some homeowners who underestimate the importance…
of regular HVAC maintenance. Regular maintenance will increase the lifespan of your system. If there is a problem and it is caught early, it won’t turn into a major problem. This will save you a great deal of money. When a heater or HVAC system is maintained properly, it uses less power to function properly. This will save you money on your energy bills. There are several reasons that you should have your heater or HVAC system maintained every year and no reasons why you shouldn’t.
Preparing Your Hone For The Winter
Heater Tune-Up Toms River NJ
Many homeowners neglect to have a heater inspection because they don’t want to pay the furnace tune-up cost. Paying for a tune-up is much cheaper than paying for an expensive breakdown later. When your heater is functioning properly, it will save a significant amount of money on your energy bills each month. To schedule a heater or HVAC tune-up, you should contact Point Bay Fuel.
Point Bay Fuel offers expert heating and cooling services. This includes HVAC maintenance, repairs, and installations. It is important to schedule a heater tune-up before the cold weather arrives. This way you will ensure that your system is ready to keep you nice and warm throughout the winter. Let our NATE certified technicians use their skills and experience to service your heater. Call us today to speak to one of our home comfort specialists.
We service Bayville NJ 08721, Beachwood NJ 08722, Brick NJ 08723, Island Heights NJ 08732, Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734, Lavallette NJ 08735, Mantoloking NJ 08738, Normandy Beach NJ 08739, Ocean Gate NJ 08740, Pine Beach NJ 08741, Seaside Heights NJ 08751, Seaside Park NJ 08752, Toms River NJ 08753, and surrounding areas.
Point Bay Fuel is an authorized dealer for American Standard heaters. Although we service and have experience with all makes and models of HVAC equipment, American Standard has given us this designation due to our high stands of service. We have demonstrated excellent customer service skills along with an extensive amount of knowledge in our industry. When hiring us, you can count on receiving professional, courteous, and affordable services. American Standard systems are known for being reliable and energy efficient. To learn more about American Standard heating systems, click the button below.